1 John 2

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene

Good and Faithful Servant
1 John 2

1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. Whoever says, “I know him,†but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.

1Jn 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

1Jn 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Ephesians 1:7

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.

In Jesus' name. Amen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Requests

• Article
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world. —1 John 2:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. —1 John 1:7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... As we draw near to the LORD and live for him, two incredible blessings come our way. First...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. —1 John 3:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some gifts are too precious for words and too wonderful to fully appreciate. The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. —Matthew 3:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... John's words sound strange in a world afraid to tell the truth about sin, wickedness, and evil. Yet all lost people — people who do not know Jesus and those who claim to follow him...
Replies
Views
  • Article
"Now we have received ... the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." —1 Corinthians 2:12 Evening Thought Dear reader, have you received the spirit which is of God, wrought by the Holy Ghost in your soul? The necessity of the work of the Holy...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Top Bottom