Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Articles

Responding to Faith - Matthew 9:18-19

1 post in this topic

Key Passage

While Jesus was saying these things, a leader of the synagogue came to him. The leader bowed down before Jesus and said, "My daughter has just died. But come and touch her with your hand, and she will live again." So Jesus stood up and went with the leader. Jesus' followers went too.

— Matthew 9:18-19 ERV (Read Full Text)

Key Thought

True power meets true faith as Jesus and this leader of a synagogue meet each other. This important man shows no pretentiousness in the presence of Jesus. He bows to honor and worship him and make a request that was unthinkable. But even though his request was unimaginable, he pursued it with the eyes of faith. In the presence of such faith, Jesus is more than happy to help just as unpretentiously as the synagogue ruler was in asking for it.

Prayer

Give me a heart of faith, O God, that not only helps me see the unseen and believe the unimaginable, but also brings a blessing to you. I want to dream what is incredible knowing that you will do things much greater than I can even imagine. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Related Scriptures

Devotional provided by Heartlight®
© 1996-2017. All rights reserved.

Y5AkMu9JbNk

View the full article

Do you have a prayer request or reply? Click Here to Post Your Prayer Request or Reply

Return to Home

Create a Free Account for Full Access

You need to be a member in order to use all the features on this site

Create a Free Account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• 6 Posts
    • 4 Posts